Wednesday, June 24, 2009
7:17 PM -


After being in the same environment for 10 years (primary and secondary), the transition to junior college wasn’t an easy one. I felt robbed of the warmth and comfort of being in a familiar environment. I lamented oh-so-frequently over not having a junior college under the same name as my primary and secondary school, so that I can continue another two years of studies in the same environment. And when it came to my classmates – Gosh, how shocking it was to hear them converse so fluently in Mandarin. Being in an English-medium environment for ten, whole years, I couldn’t possibly survive here, could I?

No more hymn singing and morning prayers every morning – to me, it was like a loss of culture. No more the same old school song which I had sung for ten years, of which by now I could sing it even in my dreams. But never mind that, I figured I could do these at home, or even anywhere else, because I believed that culture’s right in my heart; it won’t be lost, not when I’m fighting to retain it.


As there were no fixed classrooms for lessons, I felt like a nomad moving from place to place at each ring of the bell. Thank the teacher, class dismissed, pack our stuff, carry our bags, and off we go to the next classroom or lecture hall. Whatever happened to having our own classroom, our own seat and table? Different faces on my left and right, in front and behind me, for each lesson.


And I realized, that the only thing’s constant, is change.





content management meeting at steph's last sat, followed by some wii-ing. haha. it was fun, all those mindless things we were doing. we had to produce content for the upgraded site, and i was tasked with my thoughts and experience on the topic on 'transition from secondary school to jc'. thus, the above excerpt.

completed jodi picoult's Picture Perfect last week, am now on cecelia ahern's The Gift. am waiting for the bookseller to contact me after he's found the 3 books i've asked for. how lovely. he sells the books about 20-25% cheaper than the bookstores.

the hols are drawing to a close, and, there goes the days of simply slacking and doing nothing productive other than reading and troughing through the net. ah, well, all good things must come to an end, though i wish that will never, ever be said for my life. i dont care if the hols will have to end sooner or later, but i care that my life, smooth sailing and wonderful and fulfiling, will remain so.


four-days week next semester, with classes starting at 12.30pm. no early mornings, at least until further changes to the timetable. though for a 4-day week, i have to sacrifice some nights. i have two evening classes. 7pm-10pm. no good. not at all. =( but alas, i can't have the best of both worlds, can I?



the winner takes it all.



michelle
sacps
sacss CB
tpjc bowling
JCUS


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

breakaway

aDLin
carmen
chew ping
c|aire
cynthia
daphne
deborah
denise
denise jr
didi
emilyn
emily
gloria
huitingLIAN
isebelle
jasmine
jiaying
ji||ian
joan
joLie!
meibao
michael
miSsy
momo
nat
rache|
siEw chEng
s+eph
THE LC
tiffAny
vaN
zian